The iWALK is a revolutionary alternative to crutches for below-the-knee injuries; offering remarkable hands-free non-weight bearing mobility.
The iWALK is:
- Easy to Assemble
- No Tools Required
- Relatively Inexpensive
- Functional, Strong and Very Patient-Friendly
- The Best Mobility Device Currently Available
The iWALK will fit if you're between 5'1" and 6'1". Otherwise, there's a 5% chance that it won't work. In that case please call us at (800) 366-8051 to assess. Not recommended if over 275 lbs.
The iWALK is typically very comfortable. You tailor the device to your own size, height and leg.
Bony prominences, like the top of the tibia (in some cases), may cause a "hot spot". Most will be completely fine, but various foam padding (your own or from iWALK through Amazon) can be built up or cut out to accommodate.
The top of the boot or case may, in some casees, cause an uncomfortable ridge. The unsupported gap above the boot or the top of cast can easily be filled in with the iWALK Padding, your own foam padding or a folded up small towel or washcloth. Also, some pneumatic boot may have their controls in the front. If possible, a pneumatic boot with controls on the side would be better.
For the iWALK to Work for You:
- You must have been able to walk up and down stairs at normal speed without using hand rails prior to your injury.
- You must be able to balance ono your uninjured leg for at least 30 seconds.
- Your injury must be on one leg and must be below the knee.
- You must be able to comfortably bend your injured leg 90 degrees at the knee.
- You must have full function of your uninjured leg.
- It's essential to view and fully understand the Assembly, Fitting and Instruction videos above.
- You must have been able to walk normally pre-injury.
- You must have at least average strength and balance.
- You must be willing to give yourself at least 30 minutes to adapt.
- Always first check with your physician to make sure that the iWALK is right for you.